Looking for some unique catering ideas for your next gathering? We get it! Food is the best motivator. Whether you’re providing lunch for a corporate event or simply feeding a large group, unique catering ideas can really make any meal a memorable one.
Food is a personal experience. A shared meal is a conduit between people, turning strangers into friends. And don’t forget about the nutritional aspect of eating. The right food can increase productivity, particularly important for business meetings. Therefore, having a few unique catering ideas in your back pocket can’t possibly hurt!
Before settling on a catering menu idea, there are a few factors to consider including the event space. And it just so happens that you’ve come to the right place for that, too! After all, Peerspace is the largest online marketplace for hourly event space rentals. We have thousands of stunning and practical spaces that you can book for any type of event you want. You can also consult your venue’s local host about your best local catering options. Some venues provide their own catering services and provide food and bar staff.
With all that said, here are the most unique catering menu ideas for corporate retreats, cocktail parties, team workshops, lunch meetings, or any other type of event you are organizing. We’ll pair each idea up with photos of equally stunning Peerspace event venues that you can book for your event today.
Top of the morning
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And rightfully so.
When thinking of catering menu ideas, get creative with breakfast. It really sets the tone for the events of the day. Look at the schedule and overall theme of the event when contemplating catering design ideas for options that fit the bills.
And remember that some of your guests will have dietary restrictions, whether they have a nut allergy, go gluten-free, or follow a plant-based lifestyle.
Here are some of our favorite unique catering ideas for breakfast:
- Power breakfast of smoothies and acai bowls — Your guests will surely get an energy kick from this fun catering idea.
- All-American breakfast of biscuits, meats, and eggs — Serve comfort food like this to get people talking.
- Waffle bar with sweet and savory toppings — This one requires several stations to keep the lines moving but guests will gush over the variety of toppings.
- French toast and sausage kebabs — Cute, savory, and easy to eat will on the go.
- Miniature breakfast skillets — If you’re serving a more buffet-style meal, consider mini skillets over the tired scoops of rubbery, scrambled eggs.
- Avocado toast with toppings — This trendy food is popular for good reason. Topped with flavored salts, radishes, and cucumbers make this cold option ideal.
- Carb-free stuffed breakfast tomatoes — For restrictive diets, stuffed roasted veggies are equally filling as a bagel.
Nibbles on the go
When planning food catering for events, don’t worry about sticking to three square meals. Use pockets of time between meetings, seminars, or workshops to give guests a chance to relax. This is a great time to offer small snacks they can eat while preparing for the next item on the itinerary.
Here are some of our favorite unique catering ideas for portable bites that you can pre-portion prior to serving:
- Trail mix — If your guests have 10 minutes or less to replenish themselves, offer this energy-packed snack.
- Soft pretzel bar — Give guests the opportunity to refuel with warm savory and sweet pretzel bits.
- Grilled cheese spears and tomato soup shooters — A fun version of a childhood staple
- Carb-free lettuce boats with salsa or hummus — This satisfying snack will feel like an indulgence.
- Fruit cups — Never underestimate this easy and budget-friendly option.
- Crunchy kale chips and chickpeas — Crunchy snacks have an appeal that’s so enjoyable it will have your guests reaching for more.
Check out these creative lunch catering ideas to nail your next daytime event!