Need a few unique 39th birthday ideas to celebrate an upcoming birthday in style? Then you’ve come to the right place since that’s exactly what we at Peerspace have for you ahead!
We’re the largest online marketplace for hourly venue rentals and, along with event suggestions, strive to introduce you to amazing party venues perfect for your birthday.
After all, a 39th birthday is a big deal. It’s the last birthday you’ll ever celebrate in your 30s — so make it count! We have compiled 11 unforgettable 39th birthday ideas to make sure you ring in the last year of your 30s with gusto.
1. Book the venue of your dreams on Peerspace
Don’t treat your 39th birthday like any other day — get out of the house and celebrate in style! Rent a beautiful venue on Peerspace and plan out the party of your dreams.
Here are some of our favorite spaces for your 39th:
- This beautiful city farmhouse in San Antonio, TX (pictured above) that’s perfect for a dinner party with close friends
- This spacious modern art gallery in Manhattan, NYC ideal for art lovers who want an original artwork-graced cocktail party
- This Centennial Park estate in New South Wales, Australia with a ballroom, an expansive courtyard, and a pool for large gatherings
- This modern Chicago loft in the Near North Side with floor-to-ceiling windows perfect for intimate gatherings and movie nights
Peerspace offers a venue for every taste, from cabins in the woods to highrises in the city. Head to our platform, type in your location, and the type of event you are looking to host, and it’ll match you with a massive selection of stunning venues.
Pare down your search by filtering venues by amenities, price, size, and more. Each listing you peruse will include a detailed description of the space, high-def photos, upfront pricing, and reviews from past renters. You’ll know exactly what to expect before you even step through the door!
We can’t wait to help you find the venue of your dreams for your 39th!
2. Celebrate with Queen
If you are a Queen fan, 39 is a pretty exciting number! ‘39 is Queen’s 39th song. Mercury is the planet .39 astronomical units away from the sun. And Freddy Mercury is a legend. So what better age for a Queen-themed party?!
Outfit the party with tons of Queen crest decor, play ‘39 (and your other Queen favorites) on repeat and challenge your guests to come dressed as Freddy Mercury (give them some heads up though — they’ll need time to grow out their mustaches!).
If you’re in New York City, you can rent this very cool and vibey rock space in the heart of Hell’s Kitchen (pictured above). It’s an incredible space that has its very own rock and roll history, but you’ll have to read the listing to learn more about it. Plus, just look how great it is! You won’t even have to worry about decorations when you book a Peerspace venue like this.
It also has dozens of glowing reviews from past renters, which is little surprise once you learn more about it. One reviewer shares: “The space looked exactly as depicted in the photos and description. Location, size, everything was great and exactly what we needed for the size and type of event I was hosting. Communication was clear, responsibilities were clearly delineated, I am very satisfied, we had a great party and Chris and JP were easy to work with. I would recommend this space.”
3. Mystery solved!
Have you heard of the children’s book series 39 Clues? It’s a mystery series that requires the protagonists to solve 39 clues! Make your own 39 Clues game on your 39th birthday with a murder mystery party with 39 clues or a scavenger hunt with 39 clues!
Here are some tips for hosting a murder mystery party and some murder mystery party ideas for an absolutely ‘killer’ event!
Some of our favorite Peerspace venues that make incredible murder mystery party venues include:
- This gorgeous and unique speakeasy in downtown Seattle, WA (pictured above) with science-inspired decor and space for 60 guests
- This seductive French noir event space in Hollywood, CA with indoor and outdoor spaces and room for 400 guests
- This urban unique warehouse in the Bronx, NYC with a stage, an A/V system, party lighting, an LED video wall, and space for 300n guests
- This science museum within a historic mansion in Chicago, IL with elegant furnishings, ornate architecture, and space for 200 people
- This rural abandoned warehouse in Emporia, VA with creepy vibes and plenty of open space for exploring and hiding
You get the idea! Use Peerspace to discover old mansions, warehouses, and abandoned spaces near you to set the tone. Then, start planning an epic murder mystery for your 39th birthday that will thrill your guests!