Are you looking for special 70th birthday party ideas for a milestone celebration? So many occasions in life call for you to go all out. Don’t let the seemingly overwhelming task of planning an event deter you from recognizing special moments! As you’ll soon see, party planning can be easy when you use Peerspace.
The Airbnb of event venues can help you secure the perfect place for your party, with thousands of stylish locations in cities across the globe, all available to rent by the hour. Local hosts own and operate the space and provide detailed descriptions and photos of their rentals. Plus, you can read genuine reviews from past Peerspace users like yourself.
Whether you or your loved one is celebrating their seventh decade in this world, host a phenomenal birthday party to commemorate the occasion. Celebrate this major milestone birthday in an extra-special way with these 70th birthday party ideas.
1. Choose an extraordinary venue on Peerspace
The first order of business for planning a major birthday party is finding a venue that can comfortably accommodate all of your loved ones. On Peerspace, you can find a diverse selection of venues, including a mansion, garden, theater, art gallery, speakeasy, or restaurant to host the party. Many locations on Peerspace come with amenities, like kitchen access, Wi-Fi, fireplaces, TVs, and even outdoor fire pits, so you can have all of the comforts of home (and then some!) at your party.
All you have to do is search for venues in your city and use filters to narrow down your ideal space. You can also enjoy add-ons to make the event a raving success. Plus, most available venues feature beautiful interior design, so you won’t even have to worry about decorating for the party.
Here are some of our favorite 70th-birthday-worthy venues that you can rent on Peerspace:
- This historic loft in Pioneer Square, Seattle, WA for up to 30 guests ideal for an intimate dinner party
- This vintage themed movie theater in Woodridge, IL for up to 200 guests with several themed movie theater rooms for screening their favorite retro films
- This cozy neighborhood wine bar in San Francisco, CA with space for 60 guests and customizable catering packages
- This stylish and inviting Indian restaurant in Vancouver, BC with space for 30 guests, on-site catering, comfy seating, and a patio
- This historic landmark brownstone mansion in Brooklyn, NYC for up to 25 guests to enjoy a beautiful and ornate setting with loved ones
- This contemporary roof deck lounge in Boston, MA with space for 20 guests, with indoor and outdoor lounge seating, a fireplace, a wine fridge, and amazing city views
- This downtown event venue in Dallas, TX with a stage, optional bar services, lounge seating, a kitchen, an A/V system, and outdoor space
As you can see, Peerspace can be your one-stop shop for hosting the perfect birthday bash, no matter your needs or location! For all this convenience, you may think that our venues are incredibly expensive, right? But that’s not necessarily the case. And with every venue, the price is listed clearly, with no hidden fees.
So, how much does it cost to rent a birthday party venue on Peerspace?
Birthday party venues on Peerspace cost $85 — $145 per hour.
2. Play games
You’re never too old for games, not even at age 70! Gather some fun board games to keep party guests entertained. Casino-inspired games, card games, and classics — including Scrabble, Sorry, Clue, Life, and Trivial Pursuit — will be a hit with all ages. Just make sure you have enough tables and/or floor space so that people can comfortably play games throughout the party.
You can also opt to book a Peerspace venue with a massive entertainment center, a private screening room, or a bowling alley on-site to make the night even more comfy and memorable.
Similarly, check out our tips and tricks to hosting an amazing poker night party. Perhaps the idea of a casino-inspired bash is in the cards for your big 7-0!
3. Turn up the music
It’s not a party without music. Curate a playlist featuring the top singles from the decades the guest of honor grew up in. Or conversely, hire a tribute band that can play all of their favorite hits from their youth. If you want to go all-out and have live music (and you have the space for it), find talented and affordable musicians and bands on Gigsalad or The Bash.
Many Peerspace venues have A/V equipment, so hosting a live band won’t be an issue. Live entertainment is the perfect way to get everyone on their feet while honoring the birthday person’s superb musical taste!
Because it’s only a few years away: check out our 12 special 75th birthday ideas next!