One of the best parts of blogging, at least for me, is developing relationships. Thanks to the World Wide Web, I am introduced daily to creative people with my same interests from across the globe. I was introduced to Anneke van de Langkruis from Holland. She sells items at her Etsy Shop, Villa Figura, such as prints and gift tags with her whimsical illustrations, perfect for a nursery. Today she is sharing these adorable easy monkey banana treats printable.
The tutorial and free printable below is courtesy of Anneke van de Langkruis! Thank you, Anneke!
Easy Monkey Banana Treats by Anneke van de Langkruis
Preparing fun birthday treats for one or two year old’s can be a real challenge. Forget about hard candy, chocolate and chips. Too sweet and hard to chew with no teeth! Don’t bother coming up with original and complex ideas those little ones won’t even understand. Think simple and healthy!
Here’s a fun, fast and easy idea I designed for my son’s first birthday. Banana Monkeys! Their tail curls all the way around.
Free Easy Monkey Banana Treats Printable
How to do it:
The instructions below contain Amazon affiliate links for recommended products.
2. Cut around the monkey and cut out the tail into a spiral.
3. Curl the tail around a banana.
4. Fasten the little feet with a staple or small piece of tape.
Looking for more Budget Friendly jungle-theme ideas?
- Present the group of monkey banana treats in a cane basket and cut some green jungle leaves to affix to the basket.
- Mix dark and light green streamers and tape them vertically on a wall to create a jungle background.
- You can also mix in paper leaves and twine or rope.
- Use artificial greenery and garland and mix in your own paper leaves made out of construction paper.
- Collect branches and twigs from outside to mix in with your decor.
- Wrap jars or paper cups in burlap ribbon and use a green paper straw for drinking cups.
- Grab any plants or flowers from around the house and spread them around the food or gift table.
- Make a balloon arch like this one.
Get creative with jungle themed gift wrapping.
Like it? Pin it!