“We don’t talk about Bruno!” How often do you sing that song in your head? Disney’s Encanto movie has been all the rage the past several month. Everywhere you go, you can hear someone singing or humming a tune from the movie soundtrack. In this article, we are sharing easy Encanto DIY party ideas. You will find video and photo tutorials for everything from DIY décor to party favors. Also included are affiliate links for the party decorations and supplies seen in this post. Let’s get started!
Watch the Video
Below is the YouTube video including how to make the decorations you see here and, of course, the party itself. Keep scrolling to get detailed directions and links to free Encanto party printables.
DIY Encanto Picture Decorations
These were made out of precut unfinished wood frames from Michael’s.
- Wood Frames
- Paint and Paint Brush
- Cardboard or Gift Box
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- Glue stick
- Craft Butterflies
- Paint the wood frames in any color you wish.
- Measure and cut a piece of white cardboard and glue to the back of the frame, creating a mat frame.
- Do a Google Image search. Enlarge, print, and cut pictures found online.
- Glue the picture to the center of the cardboard.
- Hot glue craft butterflies onto the picture and frame.
How to Make a Pinwheel
These pinwheels can be purchased on Amazon through this Amazon affiliate link. You can use them:
- For party favors
- To insert in the ground or in plants for decorations
- Put them in vases for centerpieces
- Pass them out as party favors for party guests or classroom party favors.
To make the pinwheels:
- Detach the two plastic parts provided into two separate pieces.
- Shiny side up, insert the small pinwheel rod into the center hole from the bottom.
- One at a time, insert the corner of the pinwheel into the center, forming the pinwheel shape.
- Place the circle part onto the center of the pinwheel to secure it closed.
- Lastly, insert the stick into the provided hole.
Other Encanto Party Decorations and Where to Find Them
For this party a pop up tent was decorated with the DIY Encanto frames, party garland and giant balloon butterflies.
Here is a list of affiliate links and resources for the items shown in the images and video for this fun Encanto party.
Encanto Party Printables
The Encanto party printables shown are custom, however here are some free printables you can download for personal use only.
The Encanto Party labels are blank. Use them any way you wish. They make great food labels, activity labels, gift tags, or thank you cards.
Encanto Party Food Ideas
Hot Dog Bar
A hot dog bar is a great way to serve a lot of people. You can cook a large number of hot dogs in a crockpot all at once by heating them for 2.5 – 3 hours. Serve chips and fruit skewers for the sides.
Provide a condiment and topping bar that includes:
- Celery Salt
- Black Olives
- Shredded Cheese
Decorate a Cupcake with Delores
Another fun idea that doubles as dessert and a creative activity for the kids is a decorate your own cupcake table. If the weather permits, this activity is best to do outside with the little ones. Provide a plated cupcake for each person. Allow them to decorate as they wish.
Topping can include:
- A Variety of Sprinkles
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini M&Ms
- Mini Marshmallows
- Gum Drops
- Icing Gels
- Encanto Topper
DIY Encanto Party Favors
The boxes for these party favors were purchased at Party City. Design your own label or cut out a picture from the movie and glue it on the front.
Making the Character Party Blower
Make your own character blowers by printing out pictures of each Encanto character and cut them out. Punch a hole and insert them onto a party blower.
Assembling the Party Favor Boxes
After filling the boxes and closing the lids, use colorful pieces of yarn to tie a party blower onto the box and create a festive tassel with the remaining yarn.
Here are some more photos of the party. Enjoy!